Heritage Promotions, the organizers of the annual Central Music Awards has officially opened nominations for the 2022 edition of Central Music Awards.
In accordance with the award scheme’s calendar, musicians and industry players from central region who have released works from August 2021 to August 2022, and are in good standing are eligible to file their nominations.
Entry for nominations is opened for a four-week period from August 16 to September 10, 2022.
The organizing team has also introduced an innovative process for this year’s nomination filing.
Music Industry players are advised to follow this simple steps;
1. Download the Central Music Awards 2022 nomination form online by visiting: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1voXmivZO5EZwoQoPjDM13-R6qyB4_eGx/view?usp=sharing
2. Fill in with appropriate details
3. Submit a hard copy to our District representatives or on the day of Seminar.
SOURCE OF VERIFICATION
4. Songs are to be put on pen drives
5. Professional picture inclusive.
Being the first and most prestigious regional award scheme in Ghana, the Central Music Awards for the past ten years have recognized and awarded hardworking music and creative talents from the region.
As part of the 11th edition of Central Music Awards, Heritage Promotions has introduced four new categories into the scheme. These new categories include;
Best Masquerade Group
Best Brass Band
Song Writer of The Year
Live Band of the year.
Also, unlike the previous years where nominations are opened during the day of seminar, Heritage Promotions has advised music Industry players to contact their district representatives to file for their nominations and submit hard copies during the day of seminar.
Heritage promotions has appointed over sixteen (16) District Representatives to assist music industry players in filing their nominations across the region.
The thirty-six (36) Categories opened for nomination filing include:
- FEMALE ARTISTE OF THE YEAR
- NEW ARTISTE OF THE YEAR
- EMERGING ARTISTE OF THE YEAR
- GOSPLE SONG OF THE YEAR
- GOSPLE ARTISTE OF THE YEAR
- BEST RAPPER OF THE YEAR
- BEST COLLABORATION OF THE YEAR
- REGGAE SONG OF THE YEAR
- MALE VOCALIST OF THE YEAR
- FEMALE VOCALIST OF THE YEAR
- SOUND ENGINEER OF THE YEAR
- BEST PRODUCER OF THE YEAR
- SONG OF THE YEAR
- MUSIC VIDEO OF THE YEAR
- DANCEHALL SONG OF THE YEAR
- GHANA POPULAR SONG
- PROMOTER – PRESENTER
- BEST PROMOTER – DJ
- BEST PROMOTER – ONLINE
- HIPLIFE SONG OF THE YEAR
- HIGHLIFE SONG OF THE YEAR
- HIP POP SONG OF THE YEAR
- BEST GROUP OF THE YEAR
- BEST MANAGEMENT
- BEST PUB/NIGHT CLUB
- BEST MASQUERADE GROUP
- BEST BRASS BAND
- LIVE BAND OF THE YEAR
- BEST CAMPUS ENTERTAINMENT HOUSE
- BEST CAMPUS MC
- BEST CAMPUS ARTISTE
- BEST CAMPUS DJ
- BEST FAN BASE
- INTERNATIONAL ACT OF THE YEAR
- SONG WRITER OF THE YEAR
- ARTISTE OF THE YEAR
Heritage promotions by this communique also inform musicians, artistes managers, music promoters, sound engineers, music producers, video directors, media personalities and other creative talents to anticipate a worth attending music seminar come September, 2022.
Music Industry players are to note that, the deadline for nomination filing is slated for Saturday, 10th September, 2022.
Issued By: Bismark Botchwey — Deputy Communication Executive, Heritage Promotions