It’s definitely a no brainer that WhatsApp messenger is one of the most used instant messaging application. Most people use the application for both their private life and work interactions. Because of this, things can get a little messy and users, at times, are overwhelmed with a lot of messages.
What then can you do to cut through the noise, when so many people are clamoring for your attention? especially when you have important messages you need to send or respond to urgently without alerting some beady-eyed users that you are online. There are few tricks that are available that anyone can take advantage of, so they can single out a message they want to respond to without actually going online.
1. Use Google Assistant To Send A Message For You Whilst Offline
One of the tools anyone could use to reply or send messages on their WhatsApp without actually going online is by using Google’s artificial intelligence-powered virtual assistant. It is available on almost all smartphone devices.
So how does it work?
Since Google assistant can do a variety of tasks, such as playing music or setting up a reminder remotely, any WhatsApp user can use the assistant to send a message to any-one of his/her contacts. This will not show a status change to being ‘online,’ and your ‘last seen’ information does not change, either.
I know this sounds a bit difficult, but once you get the hang of it, its a walk in the park.
How do I use Google Assistant to send a message on WhatsApp without going online?
- Google Assistant is activated by doing a long press on the home button or home icon of your phone. Hold the button down, and Google Assistant will ask you to speak the task you want it to do.
- After pressing the home button, the Assistant will ask of your request of which you will dictate the name of the contact you wish to send a message on WhatsApp. For example, ‘send message to Mike Pictures on WhatsApp‘ as illustrated in the images below.
- After doing this, Google Assistant will ask you to dictate the message you intend to send. Once you say your message. You then tell the assistant to ‘send‘ the message. And it is done!
- By doing this your last seen remains unchanged from the last time you physically went online.
1. After long-pressing the home button google assistance will ask you what it is you want
2. As mentioned above, you will have to say the name of the person you intend to send a message to. For example, as highlighted in the image above, ‘send message to Mike pictures’
2.Replying Directly Through Notification Banners
This is a commonly used trick that some people might not be familiar with, it’s by far the easiest and the fastest. If you have a smartphone running Android, the easiest way is to reply to the message without going online, is to directly respond to it from the notification banners.
Open the drop-down menu and reply to the message without opening the app, but instead by clicking the Reply button in the notification.
3. Replying Offline
This method simply involves turning off all your internet connections to cut off WhatsApp’s ability to communicate. First, do not open the incoming message. Also, make sure to clear away any notifications that you may have gotten. From there, follow these steps:
- Disable all connections to the internet (Wi-Fi and the mobile network) on your smartphone.
- Open WhatsApp and the conversation you’re interested in replying in.
- Write and send your reply.
- Close WhatsApp.
- Reconnect to the internet (reactivate Wi-Fi or the mobile network connection).
- WhatsApp will send the message without you ever appearing online.